Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Kisschasy!

Wow how slack have I been?!?! Don't answer that... I apologise but I've been sorting stuffs out for the Kisschasy gig which was last Sat night.

Basically myself and 2 other wonderful people volunteered our time for Animals Australia Unleashed... totally worth it! Not only were we getting the facts out there & getting petitions signed, but we also got to meet and talk to Darren (lead singer) and watch them do their sound check (really loud in an empty night club!!)

Not only is Darren a fellow vegan, but he is also an ambassador for Animals Australia Unleashed. Basically he asked us to be there Saturday night and thanked US. Pfft puh-lease you let me come and see you gig, watch you set up, chat to you afterwards for FREE! I am thanking YOU!

Darren is a really nice down to earth rocker who hates disco music and drinks Jack Daniels. Add the fact that he loves animals to that and taa-dah a wonderful bloke.



Darren is the only vegan in the band, 2 others are vegetarians and the drummer is an omni O_o but I'm sure the other 3 will rub off on him eventually!!

Seeing these guys live in action has given me a new appreciation for their music.

It has also proved that hard rockers can still love fluffy animals to the point they refuse to eat anything to do with them!




If anyone is interested I have some left over little stickers that I got to hand out on Sat night. I have one that states "I love Animals", "Meat Stinks", "Fur Hurts", "Circus: Crying Shame" & "Why love one but eat the other?". If you want one or two drop me a line =) display them proudly on your school books, your lockers, your wallet, your diary, where ever one can stick them!! Or for $2 I have sticker sheets! 12 gorgeous stickers to stick everywhere!!!

Also in my left over goody bag from Sat night I have some wrist bands saying : "Cruelty Free" (in green) "Meat Free" (in blue) or "Stop Animal Testing" (in black)

I also have 3 shirts like the one I am wearing in the above photo for $25 (Men's S & L and a Ladies 12  -- I'm wearing a 14) I'm sure Unleashed won't mind if I sell these on :) If you are interested let me know and I will gladly pass these on and forward your mulahs back to Animals Australia. Every dollar raised goes back into the work they do for helping the animals!

Sorry this post wasn't an IN YOUR FACE one... but I thought I had better post something and what's a better topic than a vegan rocker?!

2 comments:

  1. Hey! I was just wondering, how did you get involved in helping out at the AA stall at the kischasy show? I'd love to do it sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I'm so jealous! You got to go chill with the crew from Kisschasy.
    How you get involved with that kinda stuff??
    Nice pst even though it wasn't IN YOUR FACE kinda stuff :)

    ReplyDelete